Monday, August 1, 2022

I don't drink alcohol or do drugs- No bourbon, no Scotch, no beer...


Great song.  I don't drink any alcohol... bourbon Scotch, beer, Mike's Hard Gatorade, and definitely not White Claw.  I also don't smoke cigarettes, weed, meth, heroin, or crack.  I did try to smoke a Funyun, those snack onion rings, a while back, to prove to another homeless guy I wasn't a cop.  It's our inside joke now.  

I used to smoke salmon, but it always clogged up the pipe.  I did smoke weed for about a year after high school, but quit to get more serious about BMX freestyle.  That's probably why I could never get any air on vert.  I took a couple hits off a joint at a Cirque du Soleil crew party in like '97, but that was it.

I don't take any drugs, legal or illegal.  Once every 8 months or so, I may get a toothache, and take a couple Tylenols.  That's it.  I'm not Straight Edge, and I'm definitely pro marijuana/cannabis/weed legalization.  I think the last beer I had was at my sister's house, Back East, in like 2009.  I'm not a good drinker, and I don't need beer muscles these days.  I can talk to women sober, and I'm too fat to get laid anyhow, so it's not really an issue anymore.  

I don't care if you do any of these things, and appreciate if you don't care if I don't.  All of these things have their pitfalls, and we all have our bad habits that help us get through the day.  Some people drink a few beers, some people smoke weed, some smoke meth, some people hook up with a one-legged, transgender, contortionist, pygmy hooker to take the edge off.  Different strokes for different folks.  

Personally, I drink to damn much Diet Coke (aka Bubbly Brown Fluid of Death), and eat too much 7-11 pepperoni pizza, because I can buy a whole pizza with EBT (food stamps).  Those are my bad habits.

Many, many years ago, a great line popped out while I was writing a poem.  That line was:

"Death that lasts a lifetime is what gets us through the day."  

Of the 500 or so poems I've written (and since lost), that's one of my better lines.  Nearly everyone does something every day that will help kill them in the long run.  Beer, cigs, unprotected sex with aardvarks, whatever.  So I hate to break your ingrained stereotypes of homeless people, but no drugs or alcohol here.  Just wanted to make that point clear, since this blog's theme is my "street life."  Now back to my regularly scheduled nonsense.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to my most popular blogs...

It's been 36 years since the first little shot of me doing BMX freestyle (sort of) in this Maurice Meyer segment from a local San Franci...