Monday, August 1, 2022

Steven Hamilton's section in the Animal Bikes video "Can I eat?"


This is one of my all time favorite BMX street sections.  There had been years of street videos which seemed to be 47 rail grinds per section in each video.  Sliding rails is nuts, but Steven Hamilton's section was this whole different take on street riding when this came out, about 2003 or 2004, I believe.  

When I made my first self-produced BMX video in 1990, I spent a lot of time thinking about what the point of a BMX video was.  At that time, videos were mostly to promote bike companies.  We hadn't morphed into the time when good video parts are what put riders on the map, or made their career.  When I got down to the point of it, I came to the conclusion that the point of a BMX video is to make you want to go out and ride.  This was one of those video parts for me.  

I just went to BMX movie database to see what year this video came out, and I got a "This site can't be reached" page.  Anybody know why?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to my most popular blogs...

It's been 36 years since the first little shot of me doing BMX freestyle (sort of) in this Maurice Meyer segment from a local San Franci...