Wednesday, August 10, 2022

#SEstreetlife- More beauty seen on the streets- 8/10/2022

Flowers in the afternoon sun, on a hot summer day.  Tarzana, CA, 2022.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos
Flowering bush in Tarzana, 2022.
Flowering tree, Tarzana, 2022.
Flowering bush again, different angle.  Tarzana, 2022.  
This whole little session of shooting photos started when I walked up to a bus stop, and saw a hummingbird really close up.  Of course, by the time I set my bags down and got my phone powered up to take a photo, the hummingbird was gone.  But there were several bees working these flowers.  There's one in this photo, if you look close.  Do you see it?  Tarzana, 2022.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos
While this looked like a carpenter bee in size, I'm used to seeing them with gold and black coloration.  So I looked them up real quick.  This appears to be a Californica carpenter bee, which is generally all black.  The lighting's not great, but when I can get a photo of a moving bee from 3-4 inches away, I'll take it.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to my most popular blogs...

It's been 36 years since the first little shot of me doing BMX freestyle (sort of) in this Maurice Meyer segment from a local San Franci...