Sunday, June 19, 2022

#SEstreetlife photos- Random pics from the streets- 6/19/2022

Above, someone doesn't like art, or at least street art.  Obey poster in The Valley, 2021.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos.  Below, a job offer?  Hmmmmm.  Sticker on a highly stickered taco stand in Costa Mesa in 2019.  
Above, this so reminds me of high school in Boise in the 80's.  Her name is Becky (seen on another sticker of her), and she's drinking out of the paper bag, Generation X style.  On a sign in the Universal City area, 2020.  Below, wider shot of that sign.  

mAbove, homeless amputee veteran on his power chair, charging his cell phone at one of the Red Line train platforms during the Covid shutdowns.  I was there charging my devices as well.  At that particular spot, we often had to hang out while people smoked meth or crack on the bench, while we were charging.  Most or all of these charging outlets have since been plated over, making it much harder for homeless people to charge their phones.  This particular spot, in Hollywood, was used by dozens of people every day.  
Heroin addict sleeping standing up at a bus stop.  I was sitting there eating my breakfast, as I often did at the time.  This guy wavered back and forth, mostly asleep, without falling over, for at least 20 minutes.  I had to ask other homeless people how tis happened, later on.  They told me that heroin addicts sometimes can literally fall asleep standing up, and somehow not fall over.  2021.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to my most popular blogs...

It's been 36 years since the first little shot of me doing BMX freestyle (sort of) in this Maurice Meyer segment from a local San Franci...