Saturday, June 11, 2022

NFT's as graffiti art in Williamsburg, Brooklyn

NFT's painted by graffiti artist Masnah in Williamsburg Brooklyn, NYC.  These are all commissions, so technically, I'd call them murals, not graff.  Call them what you will, he's getting paid by NFT owners to paint their NFT PFP token art on actual walls.  Check out the article here in The Verge.  

I love the idea that an obviously talented artist is getting paid to put what many people call "worthless NFT jpegs" on buildings, bringing the digital art world into the physical world .  NFT's are going to be around a while, despite the current crypto winter.  I think we'll see lots more new ideas, like this one, come from the crossover between the digital and physical art worlds.  Cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to my most popular blogs...

It's been 36 years since the first little shot of me doing BMX freestyle (sort of) in this Maurice Meyer segment from a local San Franci...