Friday, June 10, 2022

#SEstreetlife photos- passed out people- 6/10/2022

Just for the record, I don't go around shooting photos of where homeless people sleep.  I still sleep outside myself, and I wouldn't want people snapping pics of me at night.  These are all daytime photos of people passed out in weird places, for whatever reason, not their sleeping places.  This top photo I shot in March or April of 2020, really early in the Covid-19 era.  I saw this woman sleeping in a very empty downtown L.A., when "normal" people were in lockdown.  The juxtaposition of the homeless person and the sign in the background was why I shot this photo.  

Us homeless people were literally left outside to die when Covid hit, and most of the places we relied on daily, for bathrooms, to escape the weather, to buy food, closed down.  March, April, and May of 2020 were real tough.  But most of us bums survived.  Not sorry.  It turned out that the virus didn't like the outdoors.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos
This is another photo from the Spring of 2020.  This guy is passed out on an outside bar table, outside a trendy bar, on Pine street in Long Beach.  During lockdown, this bar was shut down, so nobody woke him up.  
This is probably a drug induced sleep.  This young guy was out cold, dead to the world, by a panhandling off ramp spot, in the bright sun, in this awkward position.  This one is in The Valley.  Don't do hard drugs kids.  Seriously.  Smoke some weed and watch Netflix or something.  Or go ride a bike or skateboard.  Or go to college.  You shouldn't be this fucked up in your 20's.   
This is someone passed out midday, at a bus stop in Santa Ana, down in Orange County, 2021, I believe.  There's a lot of money in this world.  I'm pretty sure we can figure out how to give down-and-out people a reasonable place to live without taking all their human rights away.  I hope so, anyhow.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to my most popular blogs...

It's been 36 years since the first little shot of me doing BMX freestyle (sort of) in this Maurice Meyer segment from a local San Franci...