Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy...


If there's one thing I learned from all the trucker songs on country radio in the 1970's, it's don't fuck with truckers.  Back then I remember hearing of owner/operators making $60,000 or $70,000 a year.  In 1970's dollars!  How much do they make these days?  

So... This CNBC article explains that the Oakland port is shut down with truckers protesting California law AB5, which is trying to force truckers to stop being independent contractors, aka small business people, and force them to become employees.  As a former taxi driver and an American, I'm 100% behind the truckers on this one.  You shut down the port(s) long enough, they'll renegotiate... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to my most popular blogs...

It's been 36 years since the first little shot of me doing BMX freestyle (sort of) in this Maurice Meyer segment from a local San Franci...