Saturday, July 2, 2022

#SEstreetlife photos- Word(s) on the street-7/2/2022

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men."- Frederick Douglas.  This is one of the coolest things I've seen as a piece of street art, urban message, whatever you want to call it.  This photo is in color, but looks black & white, which makes it look even cooler.  I shot this photo in Studio City, on Ventura, close to Laurel Canyon, around the time of all the Black Lives Matter protests in 2020, Though this area is as white as it gets, a few dozen people were protesting in support of BLM.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos
Public service announcement?  There was a homeless group's tents, incuding one or two women, where this pointed.  Cahuenga Pass area, 2020.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos
This one, with some of the most legible penmanship I've ever seen in graffiti, was in the "Tunnel of Filth," (my name for it), next to the Universal City bus/train station, 2020.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos
This one's still there, something about the font makes it seem creepier.  Universal City area, 2020.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos
I don't remember where I saw this one.  Just seemed funny, so I snapped a pic.  #SEStreetlife, #steveemigphotos
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to my most popular blogs...

It's been 36 years since the first little shot of me doing BMX freestyle (sort of) in this Maurice Meyer segment from a local San Franci...