Monday, September 26, 2022

Time to move on to a new blog idea...

 Since the 2nd post of my Steve Emig: The White Bear blog, way back in June of 2017, I have been blogging about the loss of jobs to new technology, and other big, long term issues with our economy and fianncial and social world.  I've blogged about a lot of other things, as well, mostly BMX freestyle and my Sharpie artwork.  Since sometime in 2018, I've talked about the major recession, perhaps a full blown great depression, that I saw coming within a couple of years.  I thought the major market downturn in December of 2018 was the start of it, but back in the Trump era, The Fed bailed things out, and propped the economy back up.  In August of 2019, they had to lower interest rates, a sure sign that a recession was coming soon.  I wrote a post in the "White Bear" blog, in August of 2019, called "The Beginner's Guide to the Next Great Recession."  The Repo Market crisis happened about a month later, and the flock of black swans that was Covid-19, with its business shutdowns, hit six months after that post.  Then came The Fed's helicopter money era, which was much bigger than I ever imagined, and turned Americans into a bunch of Stimulus Ballers, Robinhood stock traders, and dramtically overpriced home buyers.    

Basically, from my own weird take on things, using theories no one else puts much faith in, I saw a huge economic downturn coming down the pike, about four years ago, and tried to warn people in the ways I could.  But being broke, homeless. and having to fight the American Free Speech suppression forces at work in the social media world, I didn't get my ideas out to to many people.  And hardly anyone cared to hear the "bad news" anyhow.  Personally, I see recessions and depressions as good news, because that's when the best deals on big ticket items and investments happen, if you have some cash or resources to invest.  

But I'm still homeless, I have no money to invest, and The Phoenix Great Depression, as I've come to call this 5 to 7 year (or more) economic downturn, is here.  We're heading into the craziest part of this economic mess right now.  Finally, everyone in the financial world sees it as well.  So I'm going to stop writing about it.  Everyone and there uncle is writing, blogging, talking on YouTube or TV about the economic recession or collapse that's happening.  These are the exact same people, (with about 5 exceptions) that told you that we might have a mild recession in 2020, back in late 2019.  They were wrong then, and will mostly be wrong again.  If you want to jump on the Ark and go down like the Titanic, go for it.  That's your choice.

So, I'm done on that subject.  I've written a 20 chapter book/blog about The Tumultuous 2020's, as I call them, Welcome to Dystopia, The Future is Now, and a few dozen blog posts, over the last three years or so.  You can find them if you want.  My thoughts on where things are heading, and why they're heading that way, are out there, for anyone interested.  

I'm done with this blog, I'm focusing on my new idea, The Spot Finder, writing about, and documenting BMX, skateboarding, action sports, and art spots, locations, that have become known in those worlds.  

It's been swell... but the swelling's gone down.  I'm out.  

-Steve Emig

September 26th, 2022

P.S.  If you're not sure what to invest in, may I suggest ranch dressing in containers that will last a long time.  If the overhyped Apocalypse actually does happen, ranch dressing will be a great barering item.   Everything's better with ranch!  OK, almost everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to my most popular blogs...

It's been 36 years since the first little shot of me doing BMX freestyle (sort of) in this Maurice Meyer segment from a local San Franci...